[Tutor] Help with choosing books

Srinivas Iyyer srini_iyyer_bio at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 18:17:37 CET 2006

Hi,
 I guess this has been discussed in detail in December
2005 (last month).
you might want to check this thread and the replies in
deteails.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2005-December/044028.html

This might help.

--- wood yee <wood_yee12 at hotmail.com> wrote:

---------------------------------

Hi! I got Foundations of Python Network Programming as
a gift but I don't know Python. My library has several
books called Beginning Python. One's by Wrox and the
other is by the author of the hacking python tutorial.
My question is how can I achieve my goal of becoming
ready for Foundations of Python Network Programming?
Which book should I start with? Is a tutorial better?
Any ideas of what syllabus(sp?) to follow? I really
want to tackle my Foundations book and I want to get
up to speed as quickly as I can. Thanks!