[Tutor] IOError: (0, 'Error')

Bernard Lebel 3dbernard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 02:06:10 CET 2006

Hi Kent,

I'm checking out the logging module atm. I'm trying the second example
in "Basic example":

import logging

logging.basicConfig(level=logging.DEBUG,
                    format='%(asctime)s %(levelname)s %(message)s',
                    filename='C:\\pylogger.log',
                    filemode='w')
logging.debug('A debug message')
logging.info('Some information')
logging.warning('A shot across the bows')

However when I run that I don't get any log file, while the doc page
says I should have a log file. Only the warning is printed, as if I
had not run the basicConfig method. Any suggestion?

Danny and Alan: thanks a lot for the suggestions, I have to say that
I'd prefer a text file instead of a database table, but I guess that
is just matter of habits. This could change.

Thanks
Bernard