[Tutor] C++ tutor

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 21 01:06:33 CET 2006

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Jason Wise wrote:

> I am a grad student at Berkeley looking for a C++ tutor. Might you offer
> any suggestions? Thank you, jason wise

Hi Jason.

I think you may want to ask on a C++ oriented forum rather than
Python-tutor, as you'll probably get better help there.

Because you're going to my alma mater, I'd feel very bad if I didn't say
something useful and localized.

Check the Self-Paced Center:

    http://www-inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~selfpace/

I used to be a tutor there.  It's a great place because you'll pretty much
get one-on-one tutoring on C++ if you invest the time.

There are also several CS student societies at Berkeley that you may want
to contact, including:

   Computer Science Undergraduate Association (CSUA)
   http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/

   Eta Kappa Nu (HKN)
   http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/

They will have people who should be competent, and they should be able to
point you toward folks who can help you learn C++ personally.

Otherwise, your best bet really should be to try to contact C++ forums,
and not Python forums.

Good luck to you.