[Tutor] G'day

Joal Heagney jhe13586 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 20 10:46:28 CET 2006

John Connors wrote:
<snip>

> I'm now using an ebook I found called Dive Into Python. I much prefer using
> a book so I can duck back a few pages to refresh my memory and reading on
> the monitor is a real pain. It seems an excellent reference though so I'll
> get around to printing it out sooner or latter (when the Mrs isn't here so
> she won't complain about me wasting ink and paper).
>
> John

Having a book is good when you're beginning, but with python (like most
open-source projects), the electronic documents are usually more
detailed and up to date.

I have the O'Reilly "Programming Python" book, and while the stuff on
classes is good, she don' mention things like list comprehensions, new
class types, iterators or generators (or as someone has pointed out,
string methods).

Similar situation with blender. Bought the "Blender 2.3 Guide", nearly
outdated now, and that's barely two years later.

Joal Heagney