[Tutor] unable to insert data into database

Tiago Saboga tiagosaboga at terra.com.br
Sat Feb 18 20:51:26 CET 2006

Em Sex 17 Fev 2006 13:15, Wolfram Kraus escreveu:
> Wolfram Kraus wrote:

[SNIP]
> Sorry for asking the obvious (Database/Table exists)! You are missing
>
> db.commit()
> db.close()
>
> in your code. IIRC auto-commit was switched of for MySQLdb long time ago.

Hi!

I'm Tiago, from Brazil, I'm new to this list and, err, I'm getting into
python.

I'm very interested on the mysql module, and this thread sounds interesting.
I've tried pretty much the same code from the original code, and I don't need
to commit changes. All I have is a cursor.close(), and it works ok. So, I
think it have a sort of auto-commit.

But I was wondering if it's the same behavior for all database engines, as
I've read somewhere on the mysql reference that Innodb tables need a commit
command. And it could even be an explanation to the different behavior
observed by Servando: if you create different sorts of tables on windows, mac
and linux, you'll have different behaviors...

I hope you'll understand my poor english...

Tiago Saboga.