[Tutor] nutshell review

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Sat Feb 11 06:34:22 CET 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Carroll, Barry wrote:

> Another book I have just found that may turn out useful is "Python
> Programming Patterns"  by Thomas W. Christopher, published by Prentice
> Hall PTR.

I got that from the library about a year ago.  I found it interesting, but
not too helpful.  One problem is that it explains a Python feature in
terms of other python features only, and you don't really get the flavor of
what the heck the feature being described actually can do for you;
although I'm sure the description of the feature is technically correct.

I recently happened across a cheap copy used, and bought it; it was worth
the money for the used copy, but I wouldn't have bought it new.
(Unfortunately, the copy is at my office, and I'm at home, so unable to
provide a good concrete example.)