[Tutor] Breadth first search

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 9 20:52:31 CET 2006

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Nicky Ng wrote:

> I would like to implement a breadth first serach with Python and read
> data from a text file with following file format

[cut]

Hi Nicky,

We've seen the problems from Programming Challenges:

   http://www.programming-challenges.com/pg.php?page=index

and I recognize this as one of their class of problems.

This is a homework assignment, and as such, we are restricted in what we
can say.

But can you be more specific about why you're having trouble with this?
As it is, you haven't mentioned anything except the homework problem
statement, so we have no idea why you're having trouble with it.

What exactly have you done or tried so far?  Have you written programs
that do things similar to what is being asked here?

We're not going to give you an "answer", but depending on what more you
can tell us, we will do what we can to point you in some direction that
should help.  But the work has to be your own.

You may find a tutorial like:

    http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/

useful.