[Tutor] Documentation

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Mon Feb 6 12:32:57 CET 2006

Paul Kraus wrote:
> I have been working through a couple of books and learning alot. However I
> can't seem to find any easy way to learn more about different methods and
> commands.
>
> For instance what are all of the methods that can be applied to lists and what
> do they do and how do they work. Or in TKinter what are all the different
> things can I do with a button besides just setting the command and the text
> and such. These are just examples.

Chapter 2 of the Library Reference documents built-in functions (such as
len() and sort()) and built-in types (such as string, list, dict). It is
well worth reading and keeping handy as a reference.

Most library modules are pretty well documented in the Library Reference
as well. Tkinter is a bit of an exception. For Tkinter look here:
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/index.htm
http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/

Kent