[Tutor] smtplib with yahoo smtp server

Intercodes intercodes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 14:21:36 CET 2006

Ewald,

> >Here, I think is a strange problem. You can not resolve your own
> hostname.
> >Is there no entry in /etc/hosts for linux with the IP-Address of your
> server?
> >If not, try to insert such an entry.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I inserted my IP address for 'linux' into
/etc/hosts. Now smtplib.SMTP() works. But the authentication fails. I tried
all combinations of user/pass , but no joy.

I tried using gmail (smtp.gmail.com), but it too shows some TLS error or
something.

I ve searched google , but every script that is available for smtplib uses
either sendmail or use their own/isp smtp server. None for connecting to
yahoo/gmail/hotmail or other servers using authentication.

But anyway, ill try hotmail next. (If I can't get this smtp to work, I have
to manually send mails to users :p, disastrous. ) Thanks for your time.

--
Intercodes