[Tutor] smtplib with yahoo smtp server

Ewald Ertl ewald.ertl at hartter.com
Wed Feb 1 10:34:28 CET 2006

Hi!

I made a copy of the source you posted.
I just got a problem as expected when doing the session.login()
because the access-data is invalid.
The connection via the smtplib.SMTP() could be established.

Perhaps there is something wrong with your namelookup.

Can you try a call in the interactive environment for
	socket.gethostname()
or
	socket.gethostbyname( socket.gethostname() )

Can you resolve the hostname "smtp.mail.yahoo.com" on a commandline?
e.g. nslookup smtp.mail.yahoo.com ?

Hope this can help you

Ewald