[Tutor] python scripts with apache HELP needed

Joseph John jjk.saji at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 12:12:38 CET 2006

Hi
   I am facing some problems in python
I want to run some python script , with httpd

 In my system I have mod_python installed and I have in
/etc/httpd/conf.d , python.conf
which shows
#
# Mod_python is a module that embeds the Python language interpreter
# within the server, allowing Apache handlers to be written in Python.
#

LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

# Override type-map handler for /var/www/manual
<Directory "/var/www/manual/mod/mod_python">
        <Files *.html>
                SetHandler default-handler
        </Files>
</Directory>

 rpm -qa | grep python  gives the result
libxml2-python-2.6.16-6
python-sqlite-1.1.6-1
gnome-python2-2.6.0-3
dbus-python-0.22-12.EL.5
python-urlgrabber-2.9.6-2
rpm-python-4.3.3-13_nonptl
mod_python-3.1.3-5.1
gnome-python2-bonobo-2.6.0-3
python-2.3.4-14.1
python-elementtree-1.2.6-4
gnome-python2-canvas-2.6.0-3

       But my scripts when accessed through the web page , does not execute
           Please Guide
               Thanks
                  Joseph John