[Tutor] Q: win32 download (attack of the newbies)

Tim Golden Tim.Golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Wed Dec 6 16:20:33 CET 2006

[Toon Pieton]

| As soon as I start the program, I get a error:
| win32com.client not found. This - of course - leads to the
| conclusion that I don't have the win32com module installed. I
| tried to find it (Google), but all I could find when
| searching for "python win32 module (download)", I can only
| find the normal python install. I'm running Win XP Pro, and
| have Python ver 2.5.

Most immediate answer:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=78018&package_id=
79063

and pick the right package / mirror

| BTW: I really need to get that information into Excel. This
| program is for some beginner computer users, and all they
| really know is Word and Excel.

Using win32com and Excel is very easy, but there
are alternatives if you want:

http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/xlrd/0.5.2

http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/pyExcelerator/0.6.0a

TJG