[Tutor] Query to the tutor mailing list

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 26 01:01:14 CEST 2006

> i put a significant number of exercises in "Core Python," some which
> there are about 260 exercises in the 1st ed., and the upcoming 2nd
> ed.
> will have well over 300.  i believe this is more than any other
> Python
> book out there.

Certainly more than mine Wes!
I got a lot of flack on amazon reviews for not putting exercises
at the end of each chapter - although in fact there are over 50
"challenges" throughout the text, but you have to read the text
to find them! ( That's because I don't like text book style
exercises personally...)

However one badly missed Python resource that used to help
a lot was the Useless Python web site. Alas it seems to have
dissappeared fromthe web. The author tried to do a revamp and
for some reason version 2 never quite got the support the original
site did. But it was a great resource of little mini-projects and
challenges for beginners.

And of course the Python Challenge game is still on the web,
but the challenge there tends to be in figuring out what to do,
once yopu get past that you can write the code in about
5 minutes flat! The other problem is you usually need to paste
the result back into a webn browser to assess the result!

Alan G.