[Tutor] (no subject)

Dave Kuhlman dkuhlman at rexx.com
Fri Aug 18 06:30:55 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 01:28:56PM -0400, Amadeo Bellotti wrote:
> thank you Mr. Johnson this is my first program so its a little sloppy. I'm
> using gedit ill check out the other editors that u have thank you

I'd also encourage you to look at other editors, as others on this
list have.

However, if you like and want to stay with gedit, try to do the
following (if you have not already) -- Click on menu item
Edit/Preferences, then click on the Plugins tab and enable
"Indent lines" plugin.  After doing so, there should be Indent and
Unindent items in the Edit menu.  Highlight a block of code, and
try those operations.

Indent and Unindent operations will enable you to easily convert top
level code into a function: specifically, Indent block and add a
"def" statement at the top.

I apologize if the above is overly simple-minded and if you are
already past this.

Dave

--
Dave Kuhlman