[Tutor] How Big Is Too Big?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 29 17:49:51 CEST 2006

> Just wondering how many lines of code is the maximum
> to post in the list to have it critiqued.

> Would about 100 lines of code be considered too much?

100 lines is probably about the top end just on the basis of how
long it takes to read and comment on. As Kent says the longer
the code the less likely it is to be read thoroughly.

However, If you have a longer program you can put it on a web
site and post a URL and some keen folks might go and read their
way through it, but in that case I'd suggest askling for direct
comments rather than via the list.

NB. These are all my personal thoughts and do not in any way
reflect official list policy!

BUT it probably should be a question in the FAQ...Ed/Mike?

Alan G.