[Tutor] SOAP Modules - I need a little direction.

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Thu Apr 27 22:31:16 CEST 2006

doug shawhan wrote:
> The https/XML API is deprecated and will no longer be supported after
> the first of June. :-/

What about the "Unified Schema XML API"? It's XML but it's not SOAP; the
XML formats look pretty straightforward. They have a lot of fields but
the structure is pretty simple.

> I was hoping to avoid the REST method, as I would like to have the whole
> shebang on one computer and not worry about making sure my hosting
> provider is using the same version of <insert important doodad here> as
> I am developing with ... I'm just chicken, I guess. :-)

?? I don't know what important doodad you are worried about here...REST
just means that you make requests using ordinary HTTP requests such as
GET. The request parameters are part of the query, as opposed to SOAP
for example where the query parameters are in an XML payload included
with the request.

Hmm...the REST API seems to only support one call, GetSearchResults, so
that won't be very useful to you.

I hope I'm not way off base here, I'm just doing a little Googling
myself, I don't have any actual experience with this stuff...

Kent