[Tutor] Tutor FAQ?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Apr 22 11:15:00 CEST 2006

Ed wrote:

> I don't think the FAQ is open to public editing yet.  I'm not sure
> when it will be, but Fredrik might be able to give a timescale.

There are a few known conversion issues to deal with (the FAQ uses
a lot more "looks like markdown syntax" than the tutorial, which con-
fused the converter).  I've made some progress, but it'll probably take
another week before everything's sorted out.

When Ed brought up the tutor/tutorial FAQ idea, my first thought
was that Ed and other volunteers could add pages in a separate
"tutor-" namespace (to avoid collisions with material from the
existing FAQ), and ended up writing a couple of paragraphs on
how to manually convert titles to page names.  When I found that
I had written "this isn't quite as hard as it may look", I realized
that it would be better if I just wrote a script that did this.

So, while I'm working on that script, I suggest that you start adding
stuff the "tutor suggestion" page that I just set up:

    http://pyfaq.infogami.com/suggest-tutor

One entry per comment; use "## title" to mark the first line as the
FAQ entry.  I've added Mike's examples.

cheers /F