[Tutor] Alan Gauld Tutorial - OOP

Payal Rathod payal-python at scriptkitchen.com
Tue Apr 18 14:45:12 CEST 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 11:19:32AM +0100, Alan Gauld wrote:
> I mean the data and the functions that are used to create an object.
> As the definition above states, objects are collections of data and
> the functions that operate on the data. Another name for a function
> inside an object is "operation", and as you'll discover the most
> common name of all is "method"

Thanks for the prompt response. My real problem is that there is no
place inside a tutorial where all the terms like object, data, method,
operation, attributes are explained on a single page *with* one small
example of each. I am *really* confused when they occur now. I found
this place a better help
http://www.devshed.com/c/a/Python/Object-Orientation-in-Python/

I want something like this. e.g. Alan when I read  your tut for OOP, I
don't get what you mean by data, variable, and object and difference
between them.

Thanks again.
With warm regards,
-Payal