[Tutor] failing to learn python

Payal Rathod payal-python at scriptkitchen.com
Mon Apr 10 15:33:42 CEST 2006

Hi,
I am trying to learn Python seriously for almost 2 months but have not
gotten far at all. Infact, it seems I have not understood even the basic
concepts itself. I know some shell, sed and awk programming.
I have tried reading Learning Python - Mark Lutz
Think C Spy
A byte of Python
Non-Programmers Tutorial For Python
etc.
But I have not got anything from them. I am feeling that they are
superficial and do not touch real life problems. Also, not enough
examples are provided which can help newbies like me.

Can anyone help me, it is pretty pretty frustating thing for last couple
of months?

With warm regards,
-Payal