[Tutor] request for sugestions on fragement of code for generating truth-tables

Brian van den Broek broek at cc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Apr 7 02:27:59 CEST 2006

Danny Yoo said unto the world upon 06/04/06 04:38 PM:

<snip>

> Yes, I agree that the readability of the code is primary.  Understandng
> the recursive approach depends on the reader's comfort with recursive
> functions, and the non-recursive code depends on the reader's comfort with
> arithmetic operators.

But all arithmetical operations are recursively definable from 0 and
sucessorship, so what's the difference? ;-)

In all seriousness, though: thanks for the further comments and the
helper-function-intense sample code. I'll have a think before I try to
decide which I prefer -- I like the division of responsibilities, but
worry that the conceptual units have become a bit too small for taste.

And, fret not over the typos that you followed up about. I parsed as
intended just fine. :-)

Thanks again,

Brian vdB