[Tutor] Python equiv to PHP "include" ?

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Fri Sep 30 03:10:31 CEST 2005

Jay Loden wrote:
> Alan, thanks for your responses, they're quite helpful. I suspect the real
> problem I'm having is simply trying to switch modes of thinking to CGI style
> or mod_python style instead of the PHP style embedded code.

There are quite a few template engines for Python that allow embedding Python into the template. One of them is part of mod_python: http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/2004/02/26/python_server_pages.html

Some others are Myghty and Spyce and the PSP component of WebWare:
http://www.myghty.org/
http://spyce.sourceforge.net/
http://www.webwareforpython.org/Webware/PSP/Docs/index.html

You might find that these have a familiar style.

Kent