[Tutor] Embedding

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Wed Sep 28 00:16:38 CEST 2005

Joseph Quigley wrote:
>>From: Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net>
>>Subject: Re: [Tutor] Embedding
>>
>>Not easily. You can embed C in Java with JNI.
>>
> Thanks, that just migh be perfect... or is there a program that will
> embedd Java into C/C++?

Yes, that is supported by Sun. I'm not sure if it is part of JNI or something else. But I don't think that is a good solution to your problem.

I suppose you could have a core game engine written in C++ with Java or Python as an embedded scripting language. What kind of game do you have in mind?

> Well we are three programmers. I know python, another knows Java and the
> other C++. We are trying to figure out how to combine all three
> langauges to make a game.

Sounds like a bit of a hash to me. Show them pygame and convince them to learn Python :-)

Kent