[Tutor] Error frameworks

DS ds-python-tutor at sidorof.com
Wed Sep 21 18:32:39 CEST 2005

Hi

Is there any particular standard or approach that I should use for an
error framework?  For example, suppose I have a set of functions that
call one another, and an error is triggered.  I want an error message to
be passed back to the user, so I could:

     1. have an error message passed back to each called function until
it bubbles up to a point to be passed back to the user in some
meaningful way.

     2. have a singleton error object updated.

     3.  ??

What do most people use?  Is there any url that you could point me to
that would help educate me on this point?

Thanks

ds