[Tutor] Best Encryption for Python Client/Server

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 19 01:39:15 CEST 2005

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005, Ed Hotchkiss wrote:

> Let us say that I am trying to create a very small and simple private
> network/connection between several scripts on different machines, to
> communicate instructions/data/files etc. to each other over the net. Is
> SSL the best method? Any recommendations of something to get started
> with?  Thanks in advance.

Hi Ed,

David Mertz has written a series of 'Network programming with the Twisted
framework' articles that you might be interested in, especially Part 4:

    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-twist4.html

And even if you're not going to use Twisted, the resources at the bottom
of that tutorial refer to background on SSL, and should be useful as
background information.  I'm not really knowledgable in this area, so I'm
hoping that the others on Tutor will be able to point you toward other
secure programming resources.

Good luck to you!