[Tutor] Why won't it enter the quiz? (off topic)

Nathan Pinno falcon3166 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 17 06:30:17 CEST 2005

Hey all,

It looks like I started another running debate, the last time I did this, it
went forever it seemed.

Any hints or help on that original question?

For clarity, I'll ask it again:

Why won't it enter the quiz? Here is the code again:

{code}

import random

def add(a,b):
    answer = a+b
    guess = float(raw_input(a," + ",b," = "))
    return answer, guess

num1 = random.choice(range(1,10)) ### To limit the numbers chosen from 1-9
num2 = random.choice(range(1,10))

while 1:
    q = random.choice(range(15,31)) ### to choose the number of questions
    cq = 1 ### To find the current question
    correct = 0
    while cq >= q: ### To find whether or not to end the quiz.
        print cq
        answer, guess = add(num1,num2)
        if guess != answer:
            print "Incorrect! The correct answer is: ",answer
            cq += 1
        elif guess == answer:
            print "Correct!"
            correct += 1