[Tutor] Multiple Simultaneous Loops

Pierre Barbier de Reuille pierre.barbier at cirad.fr
Thu Sep 15 11:39:08 CEST 2005

You have a much simpler solution !
As this is a most common task to iterate on a sequence while keeping
track of the index, there is an object just for that :

for i,x in enumerate(iterable):
  # Here "i" is the index and "x" the element

Also, to get some "advance" iteration schemes, have a lot at the module
"itertools" ... there is a bunch of very usefull items in it (the most
usefull to me bzing "izip") !

Pierre

--
Pierre Barbier de Reuille

INRA - UMR Cirad/Inra/Cnrs/Univ.MontpellierII AMAP
Botanique et Bio-informatique de l'Architecture des Plantes
TA40/PSII, Boulevard de la Lironde
34398 MONTPELLIER CEDEX 5, France

tel   : (33) 4 67 61 65 77    fax   : (33) 4 67 61 56 68