[Tutor] Curses and Konsole

Eric Guirbal eric.guirbal at cegetel.net
Thu Sep 15 01:05:47 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have been leaning Python for one week. My first project consist in doing  a
front end to a MySQL  database using the module curses. I have a little
display problem in a Konsole terminal. More precisely, when I apply the border
method, between each character _ one blank space is inserted. I checked the
variable $TERM. I think my program is clear because the same display problem
occur with Midnight Commander. By a similar problem posted on a debian list, I
tried

import locale
locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL)

without success. On the other hand, it is ok in a xterm or rxvt
terminal. I use python 2.3, ncurses 5.3 and Konsole 1.2.3 (KDE 3.1.3) and my
system is in iso-8859-15. All clue is welcome.
Thanks.

--
Eric Guirbal