[Tutor] upgrading from 2.3 to 2.4.1 on Mandrake Linux 10.1

Andy Dani andy.dani at lycos.com
Mon Sep 12 14:35:52 CEST 2005

Hi,

Which is the best location to install Python in Linux? Should it be under one directory or different (like lib, doc, bin etc.)?

I followed installation instructions in "inst.pdf" from python documents. I can see that Python 2.4.1 has been installed in /user/lib/local by standard installation procedure. When I launch my IDLE or "Python" at shell, Python 2.3 comes up! Why? Do I need to upgrade any other config files?

Also, I am looking for help in upgrading xwPython package, OpenGL package, and installation of BOA constructor. They go in which directories?

Thank You

Nirav