[Tutor] [tutor] threading problem in GUI

Pierre Barbier de Reuille pierre.barbier at cirad.fr
Thu Sep 8 09:43:14 CEST 2005

Great :)

Just to be clear about that: you can see the "connect" line as a dynamic
registration process (with the symetric disconnect operation available
via ... "disconnect"). The only thing you need is to connect (at
runtime) the even before it's called (obvious isn't it ? ;) ), but you
have no other constraint. You can even choose to connect/disconnect
events when they are used/unused ... You can also connect a single event
many times (to different functions) or you can connect many events to
the same function. This is the "power" of this system :) Like now if you
want to log your strings on a file, you just define the function writing
in the file and connect the event to this function: you'll have both the
GUI and the log-file outputs !

This is, AFAIK, the best existing implementation for user interfaces !

Pierre

nephish a écrit :
> Pierre Barbier de Reuille wrote:
>
>> nephish a écrit :
>>

>>> one more thing.
>>> if i uncomment the lines
>>> gtk.threads_enter()
>>> and

--
Pierre Barbier de Reuille

INRA - UMR Cirad/Inra/Cnrs/Univ.MontpellierII AMAP
Botanique et Bio-informatique de l'Architecture des Plantes
TA40/PSII, Boulevard de la Lironde
34398 MONTPELLIER CEDEX 5, France

tel   : (33) 4 67 61 65 77    fax   : (33) 4 67 61 56 68