[Tutor] New GUI module

Alan G alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Sun Sep 4 16:28:11 CEST 2005

> Tix has actually been included since Python 2.2!

Wow! I only noticed it coz I was browsing the module index for
something
else, but knew Tix from my TCl programming days. I took a look and
sure
enough it was the same thing.

> The IDE Studio and SpecTix look interesting.

SpecTix is an enhancement of the older SpecTcl which I used when I
did Tcl GUI programming. Its quite easy to use although in common
with mamy such tools the code it produces is not particularly pretty.

I've never tried IDE Studio...

Alan G.
Currently learning JSP with the aid of the NetBeans IDE...
Next step: integrating Jython with JSP and NetBeans... :-)