[Tutor] Invoking bash from within a python program

Jay Loden python at jayloden.com
Fri Sep 2 21:33:02 CEST 2005

Watch yourself on this one, slocate can often return some unexpected results
for file searches, and the last thing you want to do is delete something
important while trying to remove the latest game you installed.

Also, if you're installing from source you can often run "make uninstall" to
remove the installed files.

And finally, the Vinay's suggestion of a simple one liner shell script is much
simpler and probably as fast or faster than anything you come up with in
Python.

Just figured I'd lend some words of warning to you as someone who's made
similar mistakes in the past ;)

-Jay