[Tutor] os command

Johan Geldenhuys johan at accesstel.co.za
Wed Oct 26 14:00:13 CEST 2005

I have script that calls a system command that I want to run for 5 minutes.
"""
import os
cmd = 'tcpdump -n -i eth0'
os.system(cmd)
"""

I can start a timer after the cmd is issued, but I don't know how to
send a control signal to stop the command after I issued it. This is
normally from the shell  ^c.

This cmd my run in more than one thread on different interfaces and I
don't whant all of then stopped at once. I think the best way is to make
a thread for each interface where the cmd can be issued and stopped
without the danger of stopping he wrong thread.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Johan