[Tutor] file.read..... Abort Problem

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 20 23:03:28 CEST 2005

> I was going to ask why you think regex is a sledgehammer for this one,

Regex's are more complex because we have to then make sure that none of
the testchars have any special meaning as regular expression
metacharacters. If one of those test chars, for example, contained things
like '-' or '\\', we'd have to know to use re.escape() to be safe about
things.

Once we know regex's (and have been bitten by forgetting those issues...
*grin*), then these factors aren't so large.