[Tutor] comiling python to microchip?

Michael Sparks zathras at thwackety.com
Thu Oct 13 16:33:57 CEST 2005

On Thursday 13 October 2005 01:08, Kent Johnson wrote:
> Michael Sparks wrote:
> > On Wednesday 12 October 2005 23:19, Kent Johnson wrote:
> >>I don't think you can compile python code
> >
> > Pypy can compile a restricted subset of python...
>
> There is also Shed Skin - "an experimental Python-to-C++ compiler. It can
> convert many Python programs into optimized C++ code"
> http://shed-skin.blogspot.com/

Shed skin doesn't support exceptions yet though, which is a fairly major
omission unfortunately. Pypy by comparison does, and can compile
modules for import into python. Shed skin unfortunately doesn't do the
latter.

However, personally I think shed skin is pretty stellar - the C++ code
it generates is (a lot) more readable than a lot of C++ code I've seen
generated by people :-)

Indeed. shed skin might be an interesting way for python programmers to
learn C++ ;-) (I know, wrong list :)

Definitely worth keeping an eye on though :)

Regards,

Michael.