[Tutor] __slots__

Mike Hansen mhansen at cso.atmel.com
Thu Oct 13 15:44:46 CEST 2005

> Re: [Tutor] __slots__
> From:
> Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net>
> Date:
> Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:22:46 -0400
>
> CC:
>

> Liam Clarke wrote:
>
>> Well, all I can say is, don't use them unless you need them, they're a
>> lot of hassle.
>

> I think the conventional advice is something like, if you don't
> understand why using slots is a bad idea, you have no business using
> them :-)

Can you tell us the pros and cons of using slots? Although I haven't used them
yet, they seem like a way to lock down a class so you don't accidentally add new
attributes to that class. (emp.name vs emp.nmae) Might be handy when working on
a team too. Although something like Pychecker would most likely catch those
accidents. <shrug> I dunno.

Mike