[Tutor] Can anyone teach me...?

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Thu Oct 13 00:27:09 CEST 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Alan Gauld wrote:

> However I have to be honest and say that building GUIs in VB ... is a
> lot easier than in Python IMHO.

I have to say, I agree with that.  I just started using VB a month ago
(for a course I'm taking, all projects need to be in VB), and it's really
a pleasure setting up a GUI.

But, man, VB as a language and library set is horrible; and pointlessly
horrible, in many cases.

(I remain astonished by VB's lack of min/max functions, not to mention the
lack of inverse cosine and inverse sine functions.  I've only been using
it for a month, but I'll bet I could find more if I used it more often.
VB's slogan should be "Batteries Excluded"!)

The best of both worlds, to me, would be the ability to use a VB-like GUI
and the Python language and libraries.  You would be able to do some
pretty powerful work in just minutes.  Right now, I find creating a
Tkinter app to be pretty tedious work.