[Tutor] Help Needed

Steve Haley sfhaley at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 5 07:15:38 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to learn Python which I am brand new to.  I have run into a
problem that I would appreciate help with.

When I am in Python Shell of the IDLE GUI, when I click Edit/Run Script, I
am getting a dialog box that is titled "Not saved" and states "The buffer
for Python shell is not saved.  Please save it first." With an "OK" button
that just takes me back to the Shell window.  I am going through a book
(which suggests this resource as a good place to ask questions) and Edit/Run
Script was working just fine the other day.

I don't have a clue what is wrong or how to fix it.  I have searched the
Python.org website but was unable to find any reference to this.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Steve

sfhaley at earthlink.net