[Tutor] Favourite modules - Wiki Was Re: TurboGears - and some issues

Christopher Arndt chris.arndt at web.de
Wed Nov 16 21:27:30 CET 2005

Kent Johnson schrieb:
>>And somewhere docutils belongs on that list, but i don't know where. Maybe
>>source code documentation? But then you'd probably have to list epydoc, gendoc,
>>etc. as well.
>

> I think this page will be more useful as a list of favorites or things that beginners might want to take a look at than as an encyclopedic list - there are other places to list all the template engines, all the GUI toolkits, etc.

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting to turn this into a comprehensive list of modules
for every specific problem domain.

But I don't see, why such a list would be only useful for beginners. Say,
you're an experienced programmer, though not very seasoned in Python yet, it
would be great to have a place were you can find answers for questions like
"What do Python people normally use when handling x?"

I was just saying, that for some domains there is a obivious choice and for
some there isn't. Maybe it would be already helpful to include that information
into the list, e.g.

"There are many different GUI toolkits for Python and none seems to be vastly
more favourite than the others. See a list of GUI modules here."*

*Just an example, don't take this literally.

Chris