[Tutor] Raw image display in a GUI window

Marcin Komorowski marcink at ieee.org
Tue Nov 8 16:09:26 CET 2005

Hello,

I want to use Python to do some experimentation with graphic
processing/manipulation, and I am looking for a way to be able to manipulate
individual pixels of the image, as well as display it in a GUI.  Ideal image
representation would be something of the form of a two-dimensional array of
tuples, each tuple containing the Red, Green and Blue components.

I have looked at Tk and Tkinter, and there is a PhotoImage class that can
define an image which can than be displayed in a Canvas widget, but the
PhotoImage class seams to be doing a lot of extra work on the image,
including gamma correction, etc.  I am interested in being able to display
exactly the pixel values I set.

Thank You all in advance,
Marcin