[Tutor] simple report writing?

CPIM Ronin ronin_cpim at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 7 19:57:11 CET 2005

Can someone suggest a specific tutorial strictly on report writing?

I'm able to write reports fairly easily in Python. I know the stuff like
str(round(x,2)) where x = 3.145678 will yield 3.14. What I'm looking for is
to be able to control left and right justification, column by column while
using string and numeric data of variable lengths so that my reports look
much neater.

Possibly a generalized def print_line(*x)?

Thanks.

RC