[Tutor] pack

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at freenet.co.uk
Sat Nov 5 10:00:02 CET 2005

> Why the button of the following code does not work? Thanks!

The program works perfectly for me.
Which button do you think is not working?

If its the Hello one where do you expect to see the output?
print always prints to stdout so you need to look in the
console window not on the GUI.

But otherwise the program worked without modification for me.

HTH,

Alan G.

--------------------------
from Tkinter import *

class App:

    def __init__(self, master):

        frame = Frame(master)
        frame.pack()

        self.button = Button(frame, text="QUIT", fg="red",
command=frame.quit)
        self.button.pack(side=LEFT)

        self.hi_there = Button(frame, text="Hello", command=self.say_hi)
        self.hi_there.pack(side=LEFT)

    def say_hi(self):
        print "hi there, everyone!"

root = Tk()