[Tutor] Subclassing data attributes

Jan Eden lists at janeden.org
Fri Nov 4 15:43:33 CET 2005

Hi Kent,

Kent Johnson wrote on 04.11.2005:

>OK I'll try again. I still don't understand why you don't like using
>straight class attributes - is it to keep the size of the class
>namespace smaller?

Yes, and to distinguish between different kinds of attributes in the main script. In the end, it is mainly a matter of readability in the main script.

I am beginning to suspect that I trade in too much simplicity in my Data module.

>I'm also not sure if you want to be able to access Base.children and
>Page.children from a subclass of Page. If not, then you can use a
>hierarchical dictionary to do what you want. How about this?

Your UserDict solution looks good. Thank you!

>PS Please reply on list.

I usually do, sorry.

- Jan
--
Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.