[Tutor] Python won't play wav file

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Tue May 24 23:18:29 CEST 2005

On May 24, 2005, at 02:49, Joseph Quigley wrote:

> ... to play a .wav music file. I tried w.play() but got an error that
> module has no attribute 'play'.
> What do I use to get it to play?
> Thanks,

     The wave module is meant to read, write and manipulate
(transform, filter, whatever) WAV files, not to play them.
     Playing a sound is a highly OS-specific function; PyGame is a
cross-platform library that enables this, among other things.

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge
a perfect, immortal machine?"