[Tutor] Password

Øyvind python at kapitalisten.no
Wed May 18 14:46:43 CEST 2005

Hello.

I am trying to make a loginbox for a program, and need to make a somewhat
safe passwordroutine.

Will this work?

import md5
h = md5.new()
h.update(password)
h.hexdigest()

The user enters a password first. These lines will create a string:
'12c0faae657b3d068c0f19b71f5b43bc' This string will be stored in the file
settings.txt

Then, I will do the same where the password is entered in a GUI-box. Then
I will do the same, and compare. If file.readline == h.hexdigest() the
user will be accepted. Is this a good way to do this?

And a second question. I have made a tkinter box with two entry-fields. Is
there a way to make the letters in the second entrybox appear as **** as
the user types his password? Is there some built in function in the
Tkinter Entry that does this?

Thanks in advance

--
This email has been scanned for viruses & spam by Decna as - www.decna.no