[Tutor] [ANN] new version of rur-ple (0.8.5)

ZVision zvision at gmail.com
Tue May 10 13:33:47 CEST 2005

Hi Roberge,
I wanted to give your program a try.
Absoluted beginner. But there dont seem to be enough instructions
about how to do this. Maybe I am missing something.
I have py2.4 installed. I installed the wxPython, then I tried to run
start.py from your program.
Didnt work.
So I opened python and tried run/run module
this is what I get
IDLE 1.1
>>> ================================ RESTART ================================

Requested version of wxPython not found
Can not import wxversion in rur_start.py
Will attempt to import existing version of wxPython.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and
Settings\Flo\Desktop\rurple0.8.5\RUR_start.py", line 53, in -toplevel-
    import wx
ImportError: No module named wx

On 5/9/05, André Roberge <andre.roberge at gmail.com> wrote:
> Version 0.8.5 of rur-ple has been released.
> The web site has completely changed; it includes over 35 pages.
> http://rur-ple.sourceforge.net/
>
> --------------------------------------
> Learning to program computer should be fun, for adults and children
> alike. RUR-PLE is an environment designed to help you learn computer
> programming using the language Python. To use RUR-PLE, you need
> wxPython. You can learn more about RUR-PLE or you can go to the download
> page.

SO I check and wxpyton is installed at C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages
by the way I installed wxpython ansi for 2.4

Obviously, I dont know what I am doing, but so will most beginners. So
maybe some detailed instructions on how to run the program will
help.... sorry if I missed it.
thanks
Zoogie