[Tutor] python challenges

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri May 6 22:57:44 CEST 2005

[Max Noel]
>     In fact, I am (and will probably give up) at number 9. I was
> able to do #7 without using PIL, but it seems that it is once again
> necessary for #9, and I'm not gonna be able to use a workaround this
> time.

What do you have against PIL <wink>?

Processing images has played no part in my life (neither professional
nor personal), and solving level 7 was the first time I ever tried
using PIL.  It's been a lot of fun!  Really.  PIL proved very useful
for several levels (there are 16 now, BTW), and learning to use PIL in
simple ways has been part of the fun for me.  I don't know how you
solved level 7, but it's just a few lines of Python code using PIL
once you know what you're after.  Some later levels involve trickier
transformations, but they remain easy to program using just the
simplest Image methods.