[Tutor] Smtp

Karl Pflästerer sigurd at 12move.de
Fri May 6 14:57:05 CEST 2005

On  6 Mai 2005, polatel at gmail.com wrote:

>    I tried to use the mailserver script in library reference to send
> mails but it gives an error:The script and the error are below.Why
> does it give this error?How can i fix?
[...]
> ERROR:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "D:\Python23\mailserver.py", line 26, in -toplevel-
>     server.sendmail(fromaddr, toaddrs, msg)
>   File "d:/python23\Lib\smtplib.py", line 676, in sendmail
>     raise SMTPSenderRefused(code, resp, from_addr)
> SMTPSenderRefused: (550, 'Cannot connect to SMTP server localhost
> (127.0.0.1:25), self connecting', 'polatel at gmail.com)

This is an error from your smtp server; perhaps you have to log in
first.  Perhaps the server is bound to another IP and accepts only
connections from that IP.  Perhaps you use some kind of filter (e.g.
firewall).  That doesn't seem to be a problem of Python.

Can you connect with telnet to your smtp server?  Does its log file
help?

   Karl
--
Please do *not* send copies of replies to me.
I read the list