[Tutor] issues with .remove method

Orri Ganel singingxduck at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 20:00:50 CEST 2005

Hello all,

True to Pierre's suggestion, I have reimplemented LinkedList without
embedding a list in it.  I also took out the dictionary, on the basis
that dictionaries can behave as badly as O(n), and often behave
O(log(n)), depending on the hash function they're based on, and the
point of a LinkedList is O(1) behavior for insertions.  The new
implementation is available at
http://rafb.net/paste/results/JH4txr81.html, but it does not yet work
completely, and as such, I haven't included any unit tests.  In
particular, the remove method seems to work arbitrarily (removing
random indices instead of the specified ones), and I'm baffled as to
why.  I'd be grateful to anyone who can enlighten me.

Thanks in advance,
Orri

--
Email: singingxduck AT gmail DOT com