[Tutor] Launching a file browser

Mike Hall michael.hall at critterpixstudios.com
Tue Mar 29 02:06:15 CEST 2005

I looked over the global module index and the closest thing I could
find relating to my os (osx) was EasyDialogs, which has a few functions
pertaining to this, "AskFileForOpen()" being one. Calling any function
within EasyDialogs however yields an Apple Event error:

AE.AEInteractWithUser(50000000)
MacOS.Error: (-1713, 'no user interaction is allowed')

I get the impression some of these "Mac" modules are more relevant to
os 9 than 10(which is Unix), so maybe EasyDialogs is not the right
choice here.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

-MH