[Tutor] Python and Javascript

Mike Hall michael.hall at critterpixstudios.com
Fri Mar 25 21:46:21 CET 2005

Ryan, I should clarify that what I'd like to do here is unrelated to
the web. I'm actually just interested in using a local html page as a
simple gui to launch python calls. So a JS event handler, say a button
click, would then call a JS function which inside of it would call a
Python function while handing it arguments (say a path that the JS
queried from a field in the html page.) That kind of thing. It seems
like it should be possible, and hopefully easy, but I have no
experience in calling Python functions from other languages so I'm just
looking for some input on that. Thanks,

-MH